Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"Dialogue" Podcast: Mormons and gays roundtable



On December 12, 2012, I had the honor of being part of a panel discussion podcast with three men I deeply admire: Dr. Bill Bradshaw, Dr. Bob Rees, and Morris Thurston. The focus of the discussion was the release of the new website from the LDS Church—www.mormonsandgays.org.

Drs. Bradshaw and Rees have both been featured on my blog and have worked for many years building significant understanding in the Mormon community about the LGBT issue. Similarly, Morris Thurston has done the same from the legal standpoint, publishing a paper during Prop 8 critiquing misleading legal arguments circulated by proponents of the initiative.

The four of us looked at the new website and discussed what helps, what hurts, and what we’d like to see moving forward.  For me, this was a deeply moving experience. I’ve long admired the work of these three kind and smart men, so to be included among the discussion was quite humbling.  I’m grateful for their work.

You can listen to the entire podcast here. Or cut and paste this URL directly into your browser.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment